Tri-Hards success to spawn new Exmouth group
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of the Exmouth Tri-Hards since formation last year, a new group is being set up for men interested in running, cycling and swimming.
A group for like-minded men who have an interest in triathlons is being set up on the back of the success of their female counterparts.
Last year, Exmouth Tri-Hards was set up by mum Shelly Stammers after discovering there was a number of women in the town who enjoyed running, cycling and swimming.
The idea was to create a social environment for people to train together regardless of their ability.
Exmouth Tri-Hards is now 600-strong and has spawned a similar group for men – a name for the group is yet to be decided.
You may also want to watch:
The original Tri-Hards have been continuing their success from last year, with members of the group regularly taking part in the weekly Exmouth Parkrun.
Members are now looking ahead to the Stroke Run, at Escot Park, later this month, a triathlon event in April and another tri-sport challenge, in Exmouth, in May.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
To find out more, search for ‘Tri-hards Exmouth’ on Facebook.