Exmouth traffic speed camera vandalised
- Credit: Archant
A traffic speed safety camera – on Exmouth’s A376 Exeter Road – has been vandalised.
Police confirmed that the Gatso speed camera – on the hill dropping down into Exmouth, just past the Esso petrol station, between Summer Lane and Rivermead Avenue – was attacked in mid-February.
They are treating the matter as criminal damage, and investigations are ongoing.
The rear yellow warning panel on the unit appears to have been spray-painted black.
The damage means that as drivers come down the hill into Exmouth, the speed camera is virtually impossible to spot – especially at night.
You may also want to watch:
Some spray paint has also splashed up on to the front of the unit, so drivers leaving Exmouth on the A376 are also less likely to see it.
Police said that the camera is a publicly funded device to keep residents of Exmouth safe. Repairs would be at tax payers’ expense.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg