Exmouth to turn pink
IT is hoped Exmouth will look the pinkest it has ever been next week. A number of pink-themed activities will take place at Exmouth Community College and at businesses in the town between next Thursday, October 22, and Sunday, October 25 to raise money fo
IT is hoped Exmouth will look the pinkest it has ever been next week.
A number of pink-themed activities will take place at Exmouth Community College and at businesses in the town between next Thursday, October 22, and Sunday, October 25 to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Students at the college devised the fundraising idea with the help of Brian O'Brien from the school's community action project.
Mr O'Brien, 52, of Capel Cottages, has been helping students arrange events at the school and encourage businesses in the town to get involved.
They include Tony Alexander, principal of the community college, dressing up as the pink panther and an attempt from 200 students to fit into a large pair of pink pants.
Fulfords Estate Agents in Exmouth is one of a number of businesses who decided to support the events by supplying leaflets to let the public know what's happening.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Bluebird Care Exmouth and Exeter wins nursing award
- 5 Exmouth humbled in the wind and rain at Millbrook
- 6 Callum Pope of Exeter Wins National Young Achiever Award
- 7 East Budleigh upset the form team
- 8 Befriending volunteers helping to beat loneliness in the community
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Exmouth museum closes for winter after a successful year
To entice the town to participate, students have organised a number of competitions to find Exmouth's pinkest businesses.
Judging for shops will take place on Friday, October 23, and pubs and clubs on Saturday, October 24.
For more information about events to support Cancer Research UK, call Brian O'Brien on 07779014093.