Exmouth to turn pink
IT is hoped Exmouth will look the pinkest it has ever been next week. A number of pink-themed activities will take place at Exmouth Community College and at businesses in the town between next Thursday, October 22, and Sunday, October 25 to raise money fo
IT is hoped Exmouth will look the pinkest it has ever been next week.
A number of pink-themed activities will take place at Exmouth Community College and at businesses in the town between next Thursday, October 22, and Sunday, October 25 to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Students at the college devised the fundraising idea with the help of Brian O'Brien from the school's community action project.
Mr O'Brien, 52, of Capel Cottages, has been helping students arrange events at the school and encourage businesses in the town to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
They include Tony Alexander, principal of the community college, dressing up as the pink panther and an attempt from 200 students to fit into a large pair of pink pants.
Fulfords Estate Agents in Exmouth is one of a number of businesses who decided to support the events by supplying leaflets to let the public know what's happening.
- 1 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 4 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 5 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
To entice the town to participate, students have organised a number of competitions to find Exmouth's pinkest businesses.
Judging for shops will take place on Friday, October 23, and pubs and clubs on Saturday, October 24.
For more information about events to support Cancer Research UK, call Brian O'Brien on 07779014093.