Exmouth theatre group given supermarket cash donation
Exmouth group handed cash from Tescos
AN Exmouth-based youth theatre group has been handed a monetary donation by Tesco supermarket.
Helen Joscelyne, the community champion at Tesco in Salterton Road, presented Centre Stage with a cheque of �200 recently to help the group with its shows and performances.
Mrs Joscelyne said: “Centre Stage does an amazing job of coaching their young performers bringing out the best in them and creating wonderful role models for other young people.”
The youth theatre group, who use Exmouth Pavilion as its theatre, was formed 38 years ago as the 14-20 Music and Drama Society.
Its aims are to encourage and help young people appreciate the arts of music, dance and drama through performances.
- 1 Exmouth history: Roman Devon and the arrival of Saxons
- 2 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 3 East Devon Weekend Football Results
- 4 'Child abuse cases happen locally, not just nationally...'
- 5 Exmouth care home launches new grant to tackle loneliness
- 6 How can you help Exmouth?
- 7 Law firm invites students to apply for work experience placements
- 8 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 9 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 10 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?