Exmouth table tennis club's open day success
ORGANISERS and coaching staff at an Exmouth sport club have hailed the success of a promotion day. The Exe Table Tennis club held an open day at the community college sports hall on Saturday, August 29, where nimble-fingered people could try out the game.
ORGANISERS and coaching staff at an Exmouth sport club have hailed the success of a promotion day.
The Exe Table Tennis club held an open day at the community college sports hall on Saturday, August 29, where nimble-fingered people could try out the game.
Fundraiser Debra Wellington said as part of the day, 24 people took part in an organised competition and more than �160 was raised for the club.
"It was a big success for participants and spectators," she explained.
You may also want to watch:
"We were pleased to sign up several families and individual players for the coming season."
Josh Phillips was triumphant in the under 12 event with Richard Barnard in second place. The under 17 prize went to Dylan Jessop, closely followed by John King. Both Josh and Dylan won all their sets without the loss of a game.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 3 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 6 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 7 The sun shines on East Devon knockout finals
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 East Devon cracker to start the Peninsula season
- 10 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
Bethany Wallace scooped the top girl award and Rod Smith won in the seniors category.
Debra added: "Many thanks to all our supporters including the World of Country Life, Kents Cavern, Pennywell Farm, Tesco, Budgens, Kings Garden Centre and Moreys for supplying prizes.
"With the arrival of new tables, we can accommodate more members and welcomes players who can be complete beginners or experienced players, both male and female of all ages. "
Exe Table Tennis club meets on a Tuesday night between 7pm and 9.30pm at Exmouth Community College's sports hall.
For more details about the club, contact either Debra Wellington on (01395) 224802 or Brian Worts on (01395) 277496.