Exmouth mum completes slimming award hat-trick with Miss Slinky prize
- Credit: Archant
An Exmouth mum has completed a hat-trick of weight-loss awards after being named her group’s ‘Miss Slinky’ 2018.
Kate Collett-Hughes, 38, was selected for recognition by her fellow Slimming World members after she lost four stone in just over 12 months.
The award, which recognises the success of those who have committed to the weight-loss plan, is Kate’s third in the last year after picking up the ‘greatest loser’ and the Woman of the Year.
Kate told the Journal that seeing her holiday snaps last autumn prompted her take action over her weight.
She added: “I have got five children so my weight has just gone up and up.
You may also want to watch:
“I came back from holiday in 2017 and after I saw the photos I just decided I had to something about my weight.”
Kate, who has been a member of Slimming World before, returned to the programme in September last year and has since shed four stone two pounds in weight.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
The mum-of-five also said she has seen the health benefits from losing weight, adding: “It is the simple things – it’s going up and down stairs to get things with having a heart attack.
“I can walk into a clothes shop with confidence rather than trepidation.”
She attends the Wednesday morning group held at Exmouth Football Club, in Southern Road, which is led by Dot Wadeson.
Kate is also a member of the ‘social team’ which helps Dot set up each week and get everyone weighed in.
Dot said: “Kate is an incredibly strong and caring woman and is our reigning Woman of the Year and Miss Slinky for the Wednesday morning group.
“She is also a massive part of the social team and shows so much commitment to her weight loss and to the group.
“She doesn’t sugar coat her journey which I think helps others to cut themselves some slack and keeps them motivated, which is why I believe she will continue to do well and lose weight beautifully.”
Anyone interested in joining Dot’s group which is held at 9.30am every week should pop in or ring Dot on 07539 777860.