Exmouth students’ swimming success
TALENTED swimmers are making a splash as far as sporting achievements at Exmouth Community College are concerned.
That’s because students have become East Devon swimming champions for the fifth year running.
Their success was achieved at the East Devon swimming gala held in Honiton last month, an event which involved eight secondary schools.
The college won both the junior boys and girls age group titles, which included students from years seven and eight. The school also came second in the inter age group, with youngsters from years nine and ten.
Greg Hunt, PE teacher at Exmouth Community College, said: “Our team dominated the gala from the beginning to the end. It was an excellent result.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s team was managed by Keziah Smith.
Mr Hunt added: “The students deserved to lift the trophy. Keziah did a great job in managing the team.”
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 6 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
The junior teams was made up of Ashleigh Hees; Joseph Harris; Elzani Singleton; William Flinn; George Cornwell-Brown; Martha Ellett; Liam Spiller; Eve Birrell; Amber Morrison; Samuel Kelly .
The inter teams included Daisy Keen; Oli Flinn; Jake Gilbody; Poppy Wood; Lucy Worts; Henry Mock; Ross Warburton; Isabel Mitchell; Miguel Gonzales; Alice Kelly.