Exmouth students named national badminton champions
STUDENTS at Exmouth Community College are celebrating after being crowned national badminton champions. The year 10 and 11 boy s team secured the top title at the Center Parcs National Schools Badminton Championship in Sherwood Forest, Newark, Nottinghams
STUDENTS at Exmouth Community College are celebrating after being crowned national badminton champions.
The year 10 and 11 boy's team secured the top title at the Center Parcs National Schools Badminton Championship in Sherwood Forest, Newark, Nottinghamshire.
The team, made up of Josh Adams, Jack Langlois, Jordan Camsey, Jack Findel-Hawkins and Alex Lane, beat off competition from Wilson's School in Surrey and Beauchamp College, Leicestershire.
Gail Emms, a former badminton Olympic silver medalist, presented the trophy to the team.
You may also want to watch:
Fifteen-year-old Josh Adams, from Budleigh, said: "We've been practicing really hard and we were determined to do well, so we're absolutely delighted to have won."
More than 1,600 schools entered the tournament, making it one of the biggest student competitions in the country.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
John Lewis, who has been Exmouth Community College's coach for nine years, said: "I'm very proud of the boys. They all train exceptionally hard, so for it to have paid off is just fantastic.
"The standard of badminton was very high but the boys really battled. We're absolutely thrilled to have won and to be bringing the trophy back to Exmouth.