Exmouth solicitors bake for access to justice
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Exmouth legal firm took part in a record-breaking cake bake to raise hundreds of pounds for charity.
Everys Solicitors took part in the national Great Legal Bake, hosting their very own event in their Church Street offices.
They were raising money for Access to Justice, a charity which supports the provision of legal advice services to people most in need but unable to afford it.
Llewellyn Nicholls, Everys business development and marketing manager, said: “We were really keen to get involved in this national campaign.
“Every person deserves the right to legal support and representation. Staff really got stuck in. We never knew we had so many talented chefs at Everys.”
You may also want to watch:
A variety of cakes were baked including lemon drizzle, shortbread, Victoria sponge and chocolate brownies.
Hosted by the Access to Justice Foundation and the network of Legal Support Trusts, the Great Legal Bake provides an opportunity for the industry to showcase its baking talents for charity. Across the country, 180 teams hosted bake sales to raise money, which will go to support local advice agencies and charities.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light