Exmouth solicitors bake for access to justice
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Exmouth legal firm took part in a record-breaking cake bake to raise hundreds of pounds for charity.
Everys Solicitors took part in the national Great Legal Bake, hosting their very own event in their Church Street offices.
They were raising money for Access to Justice, a charity which supports the provision of legal advice services to people most in need but unable to afford it.
Llewellyn Nicholls, Everys business development and marketing manager, said: “We were really keen to get involved in this national campaign.
“Every person deserves the right to legal support and representation. Staff really got stuck in. We never knew we had so many talented chefs at Everys.”
You may also want to watch:
A variety of cakes were baked including lemon drizzle, shortbread, Victoria sponge and chocolate brownies.
Hosted by the Access to Justice Foundation and the network of Legal Support Trusts, the Great Legal Bake provides an opportunity for the industry to showcase its baking talents for charity. Across the country, 180 teams hosted bake sales to raise money, which will go to support local advice agencies and charities.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 3 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on