Exmouth slimmers named Miss Slinky and Mr Sleek 2018
- Credit: Picture: Contributed.
With a combined weight loss of six stone Helen and Mark have been voted Miss Slinky and Mr Sleek.
Two Exmouth slimmers who lost a combined weight of six stone have been named Miss Slinky and Mr Sleek 2018.
Helen Barnett, who has lost three stone, was voted as the Open Door Centre Slimming World group’s Miss Slinky 2018, and Mark Devin, who has also lost three stone, was named the group’s Mr Sleek 2018 after a group vote.
Slimming World’s annual Miss Slinky and Mr Sleek competitions recognise those members who have ‘transformed both inside and out by becoming healthier and happier, slimmer and more confident and who look great in their Christmas party clothes’.
The national winners of both titles will each win a £2,000 cash prize.
You may also want to watch:
Both Helen and Mark were thrilled to win their respective titles.
Helen, who has dropped from a dress size 18 to a size 10, said: “I was already really looking forward to this Christmas and feeling confident enough to wear outfits that I couldn’t or wouldn’t have last year.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar
“Winning the title of Miss Slinky means I have even more to celebrate and I know this festive season will be extra special.”
Mark who has lost eight inches from his waist, added: “Being voted for by the other members of the group is really great because it’s thanks to them and their support, and our consultant Lisa, that we’ve stayed committed to losing weight.
“As a man, joining a slimming group was quite a nerve-wracking decision, yet I can honestly say it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.”
The pair began following Slimming World’s Food Optimising healthy eating plan, which encourages members to satisfy their appetite on healthy foods like pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, fish, fruit and vegetables and more.
Lisa Boucher, who runs the Open Door Centre Slimming World group, is extremely proud of both of them, she said: “Christmas is a time of year for getting dressed up and having a good time.
“However I know a lot of my members have told me they’d often dread it because they felt uncomfortable and out of place at parties, which is just so sad. This year I know Helen and Mark will feel completely different from previous years.”