Exmouth sisters crowned master bakers
Two Exmouth Community College sisters scooped top prize at an Exeter hotel’s baking competition. The pair had to impress the taste buds of a panel of judges.
Exmouth sisters Tilly and Ellis Jeptha have been crowned best bakers in a competition held at Exeter’s Rougemont Hotel.
The two Exmouth Community College pupils’ winning entries will be included on the hotel’s menu at the hotel’s Nelson lounge.
The pair, aged 16 and 17 respectively, took part in Thistle Hotels-organised competition last week.
A spokeswoman for the hotel said: “Tilly, who wants to study catering at Exeter College next year, has also secured work experience at the hotel to assist her with her college application and has been invited to join the team on day release when she starts her college course.”
You may also want to watch:
The sisters’ baking skills went before the taste buds of Exeter Lord Mayor Councillor Marcel Choules, Stella Fernyhough, a food judge from Chudleigh Women’s Institute, Shane Munro, group development manager at Guoman and Thistle Hotels and Mark Beedell, Rougement Hotel general manager.
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall