Exmouth shoppers asked for views about land use
SHOPPERS were asked for their views about how they would like land originally earmarked for an ASDA store in Exmouth s Royal Avenue to be utilised. The Exmouth Citizens Forum held a public consultation at Tesco supermarket, in Salterton Road, last Tuesday
SHOPPERS were asked for their views about how they would like land originally earmarked for an ASDA store in Exmouth's Royal Avenue to be utilised.
The Exmouth Citizens Forum held a public consultation at Tesco supermarket, in Salterton Road, last Tuesday, November 17, to gauge opinions.
Sally Ranken, from the forum, said: "Shoppers have been quite forthcoming to give their views. It is extremely important to allow people to have their say."
Heather Davies, of Willow Avenue, said: "I definitely disagree about their being an ASDA there.
You may also want to watch:
"I honestly think that this is the first point of entry to Exmouth so whatever is put there should be low level because you don't want to block out the lovely view of our Estuary.
"There should be tourist information on offer. All information services like a citizens advice bureau should be there, coupled with a shop mobility.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
"The Estuary works and the number of birds are on the increase.
"The man in the street needs to have somewhere on the Estuary that they can use for small moorings at not too dear prices."
Heather added: "But all the information about what goes on should have a central point there, acting as an encouragement to the town because Exmouth is such a beautiful place.