Exmouth shop gets into Christmas spirit
An Exmouth shop is already stocking Christmas products
FESTIVE-minded staff at an Exmouth shop are cashing in on Christmas – four months early.
The Card Factory, in Chapel Street, is already getting into the spirit by selling festive items.
Even though there are still 11 weeks until summer officially ends and 134 sleeps until Santa visits our homes, the store has lined part of its shelves with cards, gift tags and wrapping paper.
The shop’s manager, Sam Rock, disagreed that it was too early to stock Christmas goods.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We’ve had a few funny comments but, saying that, there have been a lot of people coming in to buy things, mainly tourists.
“If the company has decided to put them out now, obviously they feel there is a demand for them. It is not the first time we have sold items this early.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
Card Factory is the first high street store in Exmouth to launch Christmas by putting such stock out for sale.
The shop is showcasing its new festive card packs, which celebrate the company’s partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support.
It has been supporting Macmillan for around four years and has donated more than �1.1 million to the charity.
Mr Rock added: “Lots of our customers like to spread the cost of Christmas, so we make sure we launch our ranges in plenty of time.
“They seem to be going down very well with customers and the staff are enjoying getting into the festive mood.”