Planned Exmouth seafront temporary car park set for approval
- Credit: East Devon District Council
A plan to create a temporary car park at the rear of Exmouth Rowing Club is set to be given the green light.
The application to create 13 new spaces in Queen’s Drive will be considered by East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) development management committee on Tuesday (June 5).
If given the go-ahead, a car park will be created for a period of three years.
The change of use application also includes the relocation of a storage container currently on the site.
Exmouth Town Council previously supported the application, subject to a ‘tree of heaven’ on the site being retained and a preservation order being placed on it.
You may also want to watch:
Planning officers have recommended the proposal be approved with conditions.
A report says: “The proposal would have a suitable visual impact, would not be harmful to highway safety and will protect and retain the existing tree on the site.”
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces