Exmouth Sea Cadets in appeal for new chairman and committee members
THE OUTGOING chairman of Exmouth Sea Cadets has issued a desperate appeal for someone to take over her position once she has left.
Teresa Goodair is standing down from the role on February 24. Ahead of her departure, she is also calling for new members to join the cadets’ committee.
In order for the charitable youth organisation to continue providing the opportunity for youngsters to take part in waterborne activities, the committee feels it desperately needs to boost numbers and bring aboard a new chairman.
Teresa said: “‘It would be a terrible shame if Exmouth were to loose its cadet unit due to low committee numbers.
“Being on the management team means making the small commitment of attending our two hour-long monthly meetings, where you would take an active role in making the decisions about how the money contributed through subs and fundraising is spent.
“Your skills and experience can be used to help raise funds as well as publicise and maintain the unit, so that our youngsters can continue to get a head start in life’.
Exmouth Sea Cadets have a high profile within the community, attending a variety of events ranging from Rememberance and D Day parades to taking part in the town’s carnival.
- 1 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 2 South West warning for drought issued
- 3 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 4 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 5 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
- 6 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 7 Volunteers sought for Exmouth charity shop
- 8 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 9 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 10 Christian festival coming to Budleigh
Teresa added: “Working with young people is a very rewarding and fulfilling activity which can bring a new dimension to life for those who are retired and can be beneficial on a CV for young adults beginning their working life.
“I myself have gained many new skills during my time working with the staff, committee members and cadets.
“I would like to thank them all for their hard work, support and commitment they have given during my time as chairman.”
If you would like more information call Teresa on (01395) 279 036 or send an email to: email@example.com