Exmouth primary school pupils get a ‘taste of India’
- Credit: Withycombe Raleigh Primary School
An Exmouth Indian restaurant has helped youngsters learn about the culture of the Asian country.
Year four pupils from Withycombe Raleigh Primary School are studying India this term learning about where the country is and what life is like living in the city of Mumbai.
In support of the topic, staff from Indian Ocean, of Exeter Road, visited the school to give pupils a taste of cuisine from the area.
They brought 90 pasting portions of chicken korma and chicken tikka masala dishes along with pilau rice.
A spokesman for the school said some of the children had never tried curry before but most of them loved it with some coming backing for seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils have also been learning about Rangoli patterns, Hinduism and have created storyboards for Bollywood-style movies.
After half term, the year four children will have an ‘India Day’ where they will dress up in authentic Indian clothes.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter