Exmouth salon raises money for air ambulance
A HAIRDRESSERS and stylists salon in Exmouth has raised �425 in aid of Devon Air Ambulance. The Hair Parade, in Exeter Road, raised the money by holding a make-up party. Laura Newell, a beautician, said the event was well attended. She added: We chose to
A HAIRDRESSERS and stylists salon in Exmouth has raised �425 in aid of Devon Air Ambulance.
The Hair Parade, in Exeter Road, raised the money by holding a make-up party. Laura Newell, a beautician, said the event was well attended.
She added: "We chose to donate money to the air ambulance because our staff know a few people who have had to use them and know people who work for them."
Laura Board, from the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, said: "This is such a fantastic amount and we hope that a great time was had by all.
You may also want to watch:
"The donation will make a great difference not only to the service's future stability but most importantly to the community of Devon which we serve.
"We rely entirely on the generosity and goodwill of our amazing supporters to help raise the �4 million needed each year to keep both aircraft flying.
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 4 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 5 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 9 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
"It is only through donations like yours the service is able to continue to further develop and improve what is already an exemplary service for anyone who needs it, young or old, resident or holidaymaker.