Exmouth salon raises money for air ambulance
A HAIRDRESSERS and stylists salon in Exmouth has raised �425 in aid of Devon Air Ambulance. The Hair Parade, in Exeter Road, raised the money by holding a make-up party. Laura Newell, a beautician, said the event was well attended. She added: We chose to
A HAIRDRESSERS and stylists salon in Exmouth has raised �425 in aid of Devon Air Ambulance.
The Hair Parade, in Exeter Road, raised the money by holding a make-up party. Laura Newell, a beautician, said the event was well attended.
She added: "We chose to donate money to the air ambulance because our staff know a few people who have had to use them and know people who work for them."
Laura Board, from the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, said: "This is such a fantastic amount and we hope that a great time was had by all.
You may also want to watch:
"The donation will make a great difference not only to the service's future stability but most importantly to the community of Devon which we serve.
"We rely entirely on the generosity and goodwill of our amazing supporters to help raise the �4 million needed each year to keep both aircraft flying.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 4 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 9 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 10 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
"It is only through donations like yours the service is able to continue to further develop and improve what is already an exemplary service for anyone who needs it, young or old, resident or holidaymaker.