Exmouth's World of Country Life still open despite fears
THE MANAGER of Exmouth s World of Country Life has stressed the visitor attraction is not closed amid fears of an E.coli outbreak. Nigel Lee said 90 per cent of the site remained open despite what had been claimed in some national and provincial media rep
THE MANAGER of Exmouth's World of Country Life has stressed the visitor attraction is not closed amid fears of an E.coli outbreak.
Nigel Lee said 90 per cent of the site remained open despite what had been claimed in some national and provincial media reports following a press release issued by the Health Protection Agency.
East Devon District Council and the HPA advised the precautionary closure of the farm yesterday.
The advice was issued further to information which potentially linked the site with three individuals with confirmed E.coli 0157 infection.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lee said: "The park is still open.
""The only slight alteration which the Health Protection Agency have asked us to do is shut the petting areas and the safari deer train. All the play areas and exhibition areas are still open."
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
A statement on the World of Country Life's website reads: "We are not closed. The Vintage Rally on September 20 is still going ahead.