Exmouth's World of Country Life still open despite fears
THE MANAGER of Exmouth s World of Country Life has stressed the visitor attraction is not closed amid fears of an E.coli outbreak. Nigel Lee said 90 per cent of the site remained open despite what had been claimed in some national and provincial media rep
THE MANAGER of Exmouth's World of Country Life has stressed the visitor attraction is not closed amid fears of an E.coli outbreak.
Nigel Lee said 90 per cent of the site remained open despite what had been claimed in some national and provincial media reports following a press release issued by the Health Protection Agency.
East Devon District Council and the HPA advised the precautionary closure of the farm yesterday.
The advice was issued further to information which potentially linked the site with three individuals with confirmed E.coli 0157 infection.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lee said: "The park is still open.
""The only slight alteration which the Health Protection Agency have asked us to do is shut the petting areas and the safari deer train. All the play areas and exhibition areas are still open."
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
A statement on the World of Country Life's website reads: "We are not closed. The Vintage Rally on September 20 is still going ahead.