Exmouth's Shanty Men record new album
FANS of Exmouth s Shanty Men will soon be able to purchase the group s new album. The folk band recorded a new album earlier this month at the Blackmore Theatre. Martin John Nicholls, a member of the Shanty Men, said they hoped it would be released some t
FANS of Exmouth's Shanty Men will soon be able to purchase the group's new album.
The folk band recorded a new album earlier this month at the Blackmore Theatre.
Martin John Nicholls, a member of the Shanty Men, said they hoped it would be released some time in the summer to coincide with the group's festival commitments.
"There will be around 20 tracks on there, though we have recorded a lot more," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nicholls said the album captured the spirit of a live performance.
He added: "It will include audience participation, such as laughter and applause, encapsulating the energy, fun and spirit of a live gig. People like the dynamism which comes off stage."
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Sound move to join singing group
- 6 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
All the proceeds will go to local charities including the RNLI.
The Exmouth Shanty Men have helped raise �45,000 for good causes in the last three years.