Exmouth's Q Club to expand
THE OWNER of Exmouth s Q Club has revealed plans to expand the popular nightspot. Paul Kortland said the snooker hall, above the venue, closed on January 1, and the area would now be used as an extension to the club. It will be open as a pre-venue bar to
THE OWNER of Exmouth's Q Club has revealed plans to expand the popular nightspot.
Paul Kortland said the snooker hall, above the venue, closed on January 1, and the area would now be used as an extension to the club.
"It will be open as a pre-venue bar to the Q Club," he said. "Some nights it will be open in conjunction with the Q Club and other nights on a separate basis."
Paul added: "It will take the capacity to around 750 and mean scores of people aren't left queuing up outside."
You may also want to watch:
He said it has got to the point where the snooker hall was no longer viable in its current form. "The problem is people do not want snooker venues any more," he explained.
Paul said builders would start refurbishing the hall next Monday, January 11.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 5 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 10 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington