Exmouth's Q Club to expand
THE OWNER of Exmouth s Q Club has revealed plans to expand the popular nightspot. Paul Kortland said the snooker hall, above the venue, closed on January 1, and the area would now be used as an extension to the club. It will be open as a pre-venue bar to
THE OWNER of Exmouth's Q Club has revealed plans to expand the popular nightspot.
Paul Kortland said the snooker hall, above the venue, closed on January 1, and the area would now be used as an extension to the club.
"It will be open as a pre-venue bar to the Q Club," he said. "Some nights it will be open in conjunction with the Q Club and other nights on a separate basis."
Paul added: "It will take the capacity to around 750 and mean scores of people aren't left queuing up outside."
You may also want to watch:
He said it has got to the point where the snooker hall was no longer viable in its current form. "The problem is people do not want snooker venues any more," he explained.
Paul said builders would start refurbishing the hall next Monday, January 11.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 3 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 4 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 5 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 9 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 10 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers