Exmouth’s Macmillan giant coffee morning
The collective clink of coffee cups could be heard throughout Exmouth when the town joined forces with Macmillan Cancer Support.
Scores of people held events as part of the charity’s annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, raising much-needed funds for Macmillan.
Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton Macmillan Cancer Support’s event at Tower Street Methodist Church was hailed a success after it raised more than �500 for the cause.
Exmouth-based FriendsUK Social Group’s coffee morning raised �750 and included a bring and buy stall, prize raffle and a duck race, held in the Devoncourt Hotel’s outdoor swimming pool.
Organiser David Gray thanked all who attended the event, and Brasserie 16 and the Devoncourt Hotel for their sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Over the weekend of August 13 and 14, firefighters from both Exmouth and Budleigh set a goal of raising �10,000 for both Macmillan Cancer Support and The Firefighters Charity.
Watch Manager Nigel Alford said: “I am pleased to inform everybody that we were successful with our fund raising activities and raised in the region of �10,200 for two worthwhile causes.”
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 6 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 7 Sound move to join singing group
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall