Exmouth’s Big Sing
Hundreds will sing to the rooftops next week when Exmouth’s Big Sing returns to the town, for Christian Aid
Exmouth promises to be in fine voice next week when hundreds of singers flock to the town to take part in the Big Sing.
The Christian Aid event is being held at Exmouth Pavilion on Monday December 5 when hundreds of singers will pack the venue.
Raising the roof with song will be the Exmouth Musical Theatre Company and young stars from Drake’s, Withycombe Raleigh and Brixington primary schools.
A ‘scratch choir’ will also take to the stage after just one rehearsal.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth’s own buoy band, the Shanty Men, will entertain the audience with their sea shanties.
Exmouth Christian Aid spokesman, Martin John Nicholls, who is hosting the event with Laura McAdam, said: “If that wasn’t enough the evening will feature the mighty sound of the LaLa choirs, the glorious music of Woodbury Community Choir and the beautiful voices of Renaissance - and the audience get to sing their favourite carols too, accompanied by the talented Exmouth Community College band.”
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
The event starts at 7.30pm. Tickets are available from the Pavilion at �9 for adults and �5 for under-11s.
The money raised will go to communities in the world’s poorest countries.
For more information call Christian Aid on (01395) 222304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org