Exmouth's A la Ronde events
ART lovers are invited to attend an exhibition at A la Ronde which will feature the work of an Exmouth artist. A display of work from Yvonne Taylor will be shown from Saturday until Wednesday, August 12. Yvonne said: My work is vibrant, reflecting the ri
ART lovers are invited to attend an exhibition at A la Ronde which will feature the work of an Exmouth artist.
A display of work from Yvonne Taylor will be shown from Saturday until Wednesday, August 12.
Yvonne said: "My work is vibrant, reflecting the rich colours from both the Italian and East Devon countryside."
Salli Carr-Griffin, assistant property manager at A la Ronde, said she was very excited to welcome Yvonne for the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "Her work reflects the liveliness of many of the decorative items in the house and her obvious love of the countryside."
Admission to the exhibition in the tea-room is free during normal opening times.
- 1 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Budleigh Lions welcome two new members
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Covid-19 measures in Devon care homes to continue
Meanwhile, small scissors have been chosen by volunteer Wendy Cornes as A la Ronde's object of the month.
Each month staff and volunteers from the 16-sided National Trust property choose an item from the collection to be specifically featured.
A spokesperson for A la Ronde said: "The scissors sit beneath the glass dome in the drawing room and appear to be ridiculously small to modern eyes.
"They would, however, have been a highly treasured item. With mass production still to come, they would have been individually handmade with great effort by a craftsman.
"Objects like this were made to last a lifetime so were often created using elaborate or whimsical designs, reflecting art as well as utility.