Exmouth Royal Marine laid to rest
The funeral of an Exmouth Royal Marine killed in action in Afghanistan will be held today.
The funeral of Corporal Stephen ‘Whisky’ Walker, 42, will be held at St Kenneth’s Parish Church, Kennoway, Fife, at noon today.
He will be laid to rest at Kennoway Cemetery at 1pm.
The dad-of-two was killed last month in an explosion while on foot patrol with the Afghan Army in Sangin, Helmand.
Tributes to Cpl Walker’s selfless bravery and dedication were paid in the House of Commons.
You may also want to watch:
Cpl Walker leaves his wife, Leona, and children Samuel and Greer.
- 1 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 5 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 6 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 7 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 8 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels