Exmouth Rotarians go on shopping spree for Food Larder
- Credit: Picture: Contributed.
The Exmouth Rotarians went on a shopping spree to provide for their local foodbank.
Exmouth Food Larder received a bumper donation at the end of October thanks to a shopping spree by Exmouth Rotarians.
Members of the Rotary Club of Exmouth Raleigh donated the food to the foodbank to help ‘the less fortunate in Exmouth’.
The larder is managed by volunteers in association with the Exmouth Salvation Army, with social services to ensuring food is directed to the correct recipients.
Volunteers check food for damage and make sure items are within their “use by” dates, ensuring items can be given out safely.
You may also want to watch:
Treasurer Bob Worrell said: “The Exmouth Raleigh Rotary is very pleased to support local charitable causes, and welcome anybody, male or female who would consider joining the group.
“We meet around thee times a month and have guest speakers, social events and fund raising projects. Please look at our web site to gain a full picture of the club and find contact details.”
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year