Exmouth GP practice staff and families turn out for beach clean
- Credit: Rachel Laybourne
Staff of an Exmouth GP practice were joined by their families, friends and even dogs to help clear litter from the town’s beach.
Exeter Chiefs player Gareth Steenson, who is married to GP Dr Karen Cavan, also joined the group from Rolle Medical Partnership on Exmouth beach.
Rachel Laybourne, medical secretary at the GP surgery in Claremont Grove, said they were ‘pleasantly surprised’ with the lack of litter which needed removing.
She said: “We wanted to give something back to the local Exmouth community to say thank you for all their support during Covid times and in the future.
“We have been so well supported by our patients who have provided us with essential PPE (personal protective equipment) and other supplies such as food to keep the staff going and morale high through difficult times.
You may also want to watch:
“The morning was a great success, the rain held off and the pleasant surprise was there wasn’t actually that much litter.”
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson