Exmouth RNLI knit for charity
EXMOUTH'S lifeboat crew recently got to grips with the art of knitting to highlight the charity's Train One –Save Many campaign.
EXMOUTH'S lifeboat crew recently got to grips with the art of knitting to highlight the charity's Train One -Save Many campaign.
The Exmouth crew were promoting an ongoing project at next week's Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts display, held at Westpoint, near Exeter, from September 24-27.
The Exmouth's crew efforts will be included in a new nautical knitting project called Above and Below the Waves, which promises knitted anemones, seagulls, fish and waves.
Visitors to the show are invited to go along to the learn-to-knit stand to take part in the project.
You may also want to watch:
When complete the display - which will be exclusively on show at the 2010 Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts event - will feature a walk-through tunnel representing life under and above the sea.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award
- 7 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 8 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 9 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 10 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington