Exmouth RNLI benefits from bowls club donation
- Credit: Exmouth RNLI
A lifesaving charity in Exmouth has benefited from the generosity of a sports club in the town.
A dinner organised by Madeira Bowls Club, in Queen’s Drive, raised £75 for Exmouth RNLI, which saves lives at sea.
Club president Jacky Howie presented the cheque to former town mayor councillor Brian Cole, a long-time supporter and volunteer of the charity.
Present for the presentation were Exmouth RNLI fundraising chair Rory Craig, fundraising treasurer David Atkinson and Pat Atkinson, the charity’s shop manager.
Jacky said: “Our local RNLI has always had an excellent reputation in the town with some wonderful volunteers and long history of saving lives at sea. I was very pleased to select this important charity to benefit from our recent fundraiser.”
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth RNLI has been based at its Queen’s Drive base since 2009 and the HQ houses its Shannon-class R and J Welburn and its D-class lifeboat George Bearman II.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year