Exmouth ring-and-ride secures cash grant
A transport lifeline which serves the Exmouth area has been handed a cash grant by Budleigh Salterton Town Council.
A charity lifeline which helps scores of people in Budleigh Salterton and surrounding areas has been given a cash boost.
Budleigh Salterton Town Council on Monday agreed to hand a �1,250 grant to the Exmouth and District Community Transport Group.
In 2010, the town council awarded the charity �1,000.
This year’s increase was to reflect increasing fuel prices, the council said.
You may also want to watch:
Jill Elson, Exmouth and District Community Transport Group chairman, said the ring-and-ride service prevented people from across East Devon from becoming isolated in their own homes.
Miss Elson said: “Another difficult financial year has passed and we will have to dip into our reserves by a minimum of �2,500 to ensure we continue.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
“We send out approximately five applications per week to charitable trusts for funding, but they always take time to be processed if they feel they can help.”