Exmouth public toilets closed after fire

PUBLISHED: 10:00 01 April 2016 | UPDATED: 10:00 01 April 2016

Archant

Fire crews were called out in Exmouth to deal with a fire in public toilets.

The incident happened at toilets on the Imperial Recreation Ground on Thursday, March 31, at 6.46pm.

On arrival, firefighters found a fire involving a toilet seat in one of the cubicles.

The toilet was said to be severely damaged by the fire, and the rest of the building damaged by smoke.

Firefighters using breathing apparatus dealt with the incident.

East Devon District Council’s Streetscene team subsequently announced on Twitter this morning (Friday) that the toilets would be closed today and over the weekend.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal