Exmouth pub celebrates award
The staff at Exmouth’s Farmhouse pub are celebrating after being crowned regional winners in a national competition to find the best pub.
The Farmhouse pub in Exmouth, Devon, has been crowned regional winner for the South West in the Hungry Horse Pub of the Year awards.
Each year Hungry Horse, the family-orientated pub chain owned by Greene King, holds its own version of the Oscars, bringing together teams from over 150 pubs across the country.
Awards are presented to the pubs which have been recognised as the most consistently high achievers over the last 12 months.
The Farmhouse pub was judged against set criteria, including financial performance, customer service, staff training, overall creativity and ‘wow’ factor shown by the team to make the pub a fun place for all the family.
Farmhouse manager Dawn Ousley, attended the ceremony in Portsmouth, where she was presented with a certificate to display in the pub.
Dawn, who has managed the Farmhouse for 13 years, said: “The award is testament to the hard work of all the team who strive to create a great experience for all our customers.
- 1 Exmouth classic car show returns this August
- 2 Local history: Withycombe Raleigh's churches
- 3 Chef from Exmouth retains Michelin two star status
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 'Step aside, Salcombe' - travel article names Exmouth as Devon's up-and-coming destination
- 6 Woman dies at scene of house fire in Exmouth
- 7 Exmouth toilets could become an 'eco hub'
- 8 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 9 Exmouth RNLI rescue paddleboards caught in rip tide
- 10 Plastic free fest held in Exmouth
“The certificate has been proudly displayed behind the bar – in prime position next to the champagne!”
Matt Brown, Hungry Horse operations director, said the company’s employees were ‘hardworking heroes’.