St Joseph’s pupils get their skates on with Team Rubicon
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from St Joseph’s Primary School have been having scooter and skateboard lessons.
Children from an Exmouth primary school have been enjoying skateboard and scooter lessons.
National sports school Team Rubicon visited St Joseph’s Primary School to teach youngsters about the sports.
Pupils from year six all had an hour’s lesson either a skateboard or scooter and were shown how to stop and balance on the scooter.
The children were also told how to keep themselves safe by wearing helmets as well as elbow and knee pads.
You may also want to watch:
They were also told about safety on the road and took part in an exercise where they had to pretend to stop and listen for traffic before moving off again.
Headteacher Nicky Taylor-Bashford told the Journal the day had inspired some of the children to take up skateboarding as a hobby.
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 3 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 6 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 7 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 8 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 9 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 10 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
She said: “It was a fantastic day and fun was had by everyone - staff and children.”