St Joseph’s pupils get their skates on with Team Rubicon
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from St Joseph’s Primary School have been having scooter and skateboard lessons.
Children from an Exmouth primary school have been enjoying skateboard and scooter lessons.
National sports school Team Rubicon visited St Joseph’s Primary School to teach youngsters about the sports.
Pupils from year six all had an hour’s lesson either a skateboard or scooter and were shown how to stop and balance on the scooter.
The children were also told how to keep themselves safe by wearing helmets as well as elbow and knee pads.
You may also want to watch:
They were also told about safety on the road and took part in an exercise where they had to pretend to stop and listen for traffic before moving off again.
Headteacher Nicky Taylor-Bashford told the Journal the day had inspired some of the children to take up skateboarding as a hobby.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 5 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 6 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 7 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 10 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
She said: “It was a fantastic day and fun was had by everyone - staff and children.”