Exmouth police warn over bicycle thefts
Brixington residents are being warned by the police to lock their bicycles, or face losing them.
The message comes following a spate of bike thefts in the area over the summer.
The most recent was from a home in Cheriswood Avenue, where a boy’s mountain bike was stolen sometime between the evening of Tuesday, August 13, and the early hours of the following morning.
The police said the stolen bike is black and red, with a new red and yellow seat, with the words Apollo written along the side.
Officers are appealing to anyone who has information about the crime, or who may have been offered a similar bike for sale, to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Police community support officer Chris Ball said: “I am asking residents to be more vigilant in the Brixington area, and beyond, as there have been several bikes stolen and found abandoned.
“I am asking all bike owners to be aware of where your bike is at all times and, when not in use, to make sure it is securely locked up, or stored in a secure shed or garage. Don’t give opportunist thieves a chance.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
To report information about the stolen bicycle, contact PCSO Ball on 08452 777444, quoting KE/11/2257.