Exmouth police warn of ‘opportunistic’ burglars
Exmouth police are warning people to lock their homes of face being burgled.
The message comes after two walk-in burglaries were committed in the early hours of Monday morning.
Two homes in the Colony were targeted and property stolen when the culprit gained entry to the properties through unlocked doors.
The police are keen to speak to a man wearing a white hooded top who was seen trying the handle of a kitchen door belonging to a home in Rosebery Road at around the time the burglaries were reported.
The police said one home in Halsdon Road was burgled twice, when the culprit stole a bicycle from a front porch before returning to take a scooter.
You may also want to watch:
A second home in the Halsdon Road was burgled while the occupants were asleep upstairs.
Personal items, valuables and electrical equipment was among the stolen haul.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
If you have any information about these crimes, contact police community support officer Colin Balch on 101, quoting crime references: KE/11/2503 and KE/11/2581.