Exmouth police special honoured
AN OFFICER who has policed Exmouth s streets for nearly two decades has been awarded for his long service and conduct at the Devon and Cornwall force. Special constabulary sergeant Michael Gooding has received a service and conduct medal for 19 years serv
AN OFFICER who has policed Exmouth's streets for nearly two decades has been awarded for his long service and conduct at the Devon and Cornwall force.
Special constabulary sergeant Michael Gooding has received a service and conduct medal for 19 years service.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Constabulary said: "He has provided his time as a valued volunteer, serving the residents of Exmouth in an exemplary and professional manner.
"He has used his local knowledge and community links to fully support local policing in his area with a maturity and common sense that are a real credit to him and the constabulary.
You may also want to watch:
"His exceptional dedication over two decades is a true reflection of his selflessness and commitment to others.
"During his service Sergeant Gooding has been involved in a number of highly credible arrests, has been recognised for bravery and on many occasions for service to his community.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 John and Grace run for the heart
- 9 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
- 10 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls