Exmouth police special honoured
AN OFFICER who has policed Exmouth s streets for nearly two decades has been awarded for his long service and conduct at the Devon and Cornwall force. Special constabulary sergeant Michael Gooding has received a service and conduct medal for 19 years serv
AN OFFICER who has policed Exmouth's streets for nearly two decades has been awarded for his long service and conduct at the Devon and Cornwall force.
Special constabulary sergeant Michael Gooding has received a service and conduct medal for 19 years service.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Constabulary said: "He has provided his time as a valued volunteer, serving the residents of Exmouth in an exemplary and professional manner.
"He has used his local knowledge and community links to fully support local policing in his area with a maturity and common sense that are a real credit to him and the constabulary.
You may also want to watch:
"His exceptional dedication over two decades is a true reflection of his selflessness and commitment to others.
"During his service Sergeant Gooding has been involved in a number of highly credible arrests, has been recognised for bravery and on many occasions for service to his community.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 6 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities