Exmouth police investigating hit and run
A young boy is taken to hospital after being hit by a car in Phear Avenue, Exmouth
POLICE are investigating a hit and run incident in which a 10-year-old boy was knocked off his bike by a passing car in Exmouth.
The youngster was struck by the vehicle at around 6.45pm last Monday, September 13, causing him to fall from his bike. He suffered bruising and was taken to hospital.
The female driver of the car is alleged to have stopped, exited the driver’s door to check her vehicle, and then drove away.
Karen Capey, Exmouth police community support officer, said: “We are looking for witnesses who may have been in the area at the time or who may have information to help us locate the driver.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed the car may have been a black Volkswagon.”
Anyone with information about the incident should call Devon and Cornwall police on 08452 777444, quoting log number 975 of 13/09/10.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 3 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 8 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police