Man barricades himself in Exmouth room drawing police response
- Credit: Archant
A man barricaded himself in a room in Exmouth on Thursday (April 25), according to police
Concern for the welfare of a man at a property in Hulham Road prompted emergency services to be called at around 7.45am.
A number of police cars and an ambulance attended.
Officers say a man barricaded himself in a room and was causing criminal damage.
Police say they negotiated with the man and he was brought safely from the property.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said he was detained under the Mental Health Act and taken into the care of medical professionals at Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson