Exmouth photograph grabs model's attention
A PHOTOGRAPHER from Exmouth had his pictorial work examined by supermodel Jodie Kidd after making it through to the final of a national competition. Craig Mulvihill, of Richmond Road, was shortlisted for the Currys Great British Summer national photograph
A PHOTOGRAPHER from Exmouth had his pictorial work examined by supermodel Jodie Kidd after making it through to the final of a national competition.
Craig Mulvihill, of Richmond Road, was shortlisted for the Currys Great British Summer national photography contest.
Kidd, a television personality and model, was among a guest judging panel and assessed the work last Saturday, August 5. The results are announced this weekend.
If successful, there are three prizes on offer including a �5,000 holiday and camera equipment.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the other entrants, Craig, who has already shown he can keep his focus when it comes to taking a good picture by making the final, had his work displayed at the central London gallery.
More than 9,000 entries were submitted.
- 1 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 2 New recruits to help keep a safe watch over Exmouth coast
- 3 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 4 Mayor breaks ground at new Topsham retirement development
- 5 Corporate insolvencies at third highest since start of pandemic
- 6 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Captain’s Day at Madeira Bowls
- 10 Phear Park lose out in semi-finals
A spokesperson for the Currys competition said: "The images shortlisted for the final have all demonstrated flair, originality and embodied the overall great British summer theme."
Craig's photograph, taken in June, captured the moment of children surfing at Polzeath Cove in Cornwall.
He said: "The delight in their faces and shrieks of laughter inspired me to capture this fantastic memory."
Niall O'Keefe, UK marketing director, said: "We've been really impressed with the quality of the photographs entered in this year's competition and to reach the final is a fantastic achievement.