Exmouth nature reserve open day
EXMOUTH S Bystock nature reserve is this month inviting wildlife enthusiasts to a special open day.
EXMOUTH'S Bystock nature reserve is this month inviting wildlife enthusiasts to a special open day.
The reserve is the Devon Wildlife Trust's (DWT) flagship heathland nature reserve and the charity is holding an open day on Tuesday 28 July.
It will feature guided walks around the site which forms part of the East Devon Pebblebed Heaths Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The event runs from 10am until 3pm. There will be displays, kids' activities and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
The day is aimed at existing DWT members but is also open to local people who may be thinking about supporting the charity.
It is a good opportunity for people to find out more about the work of the Trust and the types of places it protects. The event is part of East Devon Heath Week which runs from 26 to 31 July.
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 6 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 7 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 8 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 9 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 10 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
Cat Loudwill-Jones from Devon Wildlife Trust is running the event in conjunction with Exmouth DWT Local Group, she said: "Bystock is one of DWT's best heathland nature reserves with good access and an excellent range of habitats including a meadow, ponds and woodland fringe.
"People can expect to see a wide range of typical heathland wildlife including birds, butterflies and many species of dragonfly.
"Our members provide a significant proportion of our income each year so it is great to be offering them an opportunity to see what their money helps to support."
To book a place on one of the walks, call Devon Wildlife Trust on 01392 279244. For more information about DWT's nature reserves visit www.devonwildlifetrust.org