Exmouth nature reserve open day
EXMOUTH S Bystock nature reserve is this month inviting wildlife enthusiasts to a special open day.
EXMOUTH'S Bystock nature reserve is this month inviting wildlife enthusiasts to a special open day.
The reserve is the Devon Wildlife Trust's (DWT) flagship heathland nature reserve and the charity is holding an open day on Tuesday 28 July.
It will feature guided walks around the site which forms part of the East Devon Pebblebed Heaths Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The event runs from 10am until 3pm. There will be displays, kids' activities and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
The day is aimed at existing DWT members but is also open to local people who may be thinking about supporting the charity.
It is a good opportunity for people to find out more about the work of the Trust and the types of places it protects. The event is part of East Devon Heath Week which runs from 26 to 31 July.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
Cat Loudwill-Jones from Devon Wildlife Trust is running the event in conjunction with Exmouth DWT Local Group, she said: "Bystock is one of DWT's best heathland nature reserves with good access and an excellent range of habitats including a meadow, ponds and woodland fringe.
"People can expect to see a wide range of typical heathland wildlife including birds, butterflies and many species of dragonfly.
"Our members provide a significant proportion of our income each year so it is great to be offering them an opportunity to see what their money helps to support."
To book a place on one of the walks, call Devon Wildlife Trust on 01392 279244. For more information about DWT's nature reserves visit www.devonwildlifetrust.org