Exmouth nature reserve open day
EXMOUTH S Bystock nature reserve is this month inviting wildlife enthusiasts to a special open day.
EXMOUTH'S Bystock nature reserve is this month inviting wildlife enthusiasts to a special open day.
The reserve is the Devon Wildlife Trust's (DWT) flagship heathland nature reserve and the charity is holding an open day on Tuesday 28 July.
It will feature guided walks around the site which forms part of the East Devon Pebblebed Heaths Site of Special Scientific Interest.
The event runs from 10am until 3pm. There will be displays, kids' activities and refreshments.
The day is aimed at existing DWT members but is also open to local people who may be thinking about supporting the charity.
It is a good opportunity for people to find out more about the work of the Trust and the types of places it protects. The event is part of East Devon Heath Week which runs from 26 to 31 July.
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Goth girl' Scarlett plans Dartmoor trek for charity
- 3 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 4 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 5 Exeter Chiefs looking to get better of Bristol Bears, again and again!
- 6 I spent an afternoon with the Devon Air Ambulance
- 7 Body found in search for missing man
- 8 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 9 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
Cat Loudwill-Jones from Devon Wildlife Trust is running the event in conjunction with Exmouth DWT Local Group, she said: "Bystock is one of DWT's best heathland nature reserves with good access and an excellent range of habitats including a meadow, ponds and woodland fringe.
"People can expect to see a wide range of typical heathland wildlife including birds, butterflies and many species of dragonfly.
"Our members provide a significant proportion of our income each year so it is great to be offering them an opportunity to see what their money helps to support."
To book a place on one of the walks, call Devon Wildlife Trust on 01392 279244. For more information about DWT's nature reserves visit www.devonwildlifetrust.org