Custodians of the coast - Exmouth Coastwatch members’ awards for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth National Coastwatch Institution (NCI) member Jonas Clay , pictured here on the left, was presented with a certificate and epaulettes after he qualified as watchkeeper.
He is the latest of a number of recent volunteers to complete their watchkeeping training course and pass an assessment.
Zan Nye, on the right, was presented with a badge for completing five years of service to Exmouth Coastwatch.
Barry Davis, Exmouth National Coastwatch Institution spokesman, said new volunteers were always welcome to join the coastwatch members. He said: “Additional volunteers help to enable Exmouth Coastwatch to continue the new summer regime of increased watch times, and thereby provide greater safety for those using the beach and estuary throughout the year.”
Exmouth Coastwatch said it now provides mariners with radio checks, gives current weather and tide times, swell, and local facilities information, via
You may also want to watch:
VHF Radio Channel 65.
For more information on NCI Exmouth, or to volunteer, see www.exmouthcoastwatch.co.uk
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 3 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer