Exmouth named one of the best seaside resorts in the country
- Credit: Archant
People living in Exmouth already knew it, but the town has gained national recognition for its iconic seafront.
National newspaper The Independent has listed Exmouth as one of the six best seaside town’s in the country alongside Bournemouth, Margate, Whitby, Plymouth and Hastings.
The article celebrates the impending opening of a seafront restaurant by Michelin-star winning chef Michael Caines.
It also says Exmouth has ‘always been a hit’ with foodies thanks to places like the River Exe Café – a floating restaurant which is moored in the estuary.
It also hails the impending ‘transformation’ of the seafront thanks to the district council’s regeneration scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth Festival is also mentioned as a reason for tourists to visit, with a ‘huge range’ of entertainment from jazz and rock bands to workshops and stand-up comedy.
To find out what they have to say about Exmouth, click here
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson