Exmouth musicians excel in competition
A GROUP containing Exmouth musicians have made it through to the semi-final of a prestigious competition in which a recording contract could be won. One Man Down, whose band members include Perry Meadowcroft, Stuart Douglas and Tom Smith, are soaring thro
A GROUP containing Exmouth musicians have made it through to the semi-final of a prestigious competition in which a recording contract could be won.
One Man Down, whose band members include Perry Meadowcroft, Stuart Douglas and Tom Smith, are soaring through the Live and Unsigned music contest.
The trio will next take to the stage on Sunday, May 2, at the Becks Theatre in Hayes. This is the last regional phase of the competition, where they will perform for a place at the national grand final.
Live and Unsigned is the biggest original music competition for unsigned bands and has attracted more than 30,000 entries in the past three years.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the biggest names in the industry will be judging the area final stage of the competition including Radio 1's Annie Nightingale and urban DJ, and Radio 1 presenter Ras Kwame.
Chris Grayston, events director of Live & Unsigned, said: "We're all about originality - live ability and credibility.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
"There's over �75,000 in prizes up for grabs this year so there's plenty of opportunities for all acts taking part, not just for the winner!
"We've also got some fantastic judges on board who will all be bringing their wealth of experience with them.