Exmouth model takes part in London catwalk
AN AMBITIOUS model from Exmouth has been busy sampling life in the showbiz world. No stranger to brushing shoulders with celebrities, full-time model Kimberley Jackson, of Littleham Road, took another step up her career ladder last week by starring in
AN AMBITIOUS model from Exmouth has been busy sampling life in the showbiz world.
No stranger to brushing shoulders with celebrities, full-time model Kimberley Jackson, of Littleham Road, took another step up her career ladder last week by starring in a televised fashion show.
The event, held in London and organised to raise money for the Haiti earthquake appeal, was broadcast on Fashion TV and attended by Kim Kattrall, a famous actress from the Sex and The City show.
The 22-year-old former Exmouth Community College student has already met glamour girls Katie Price and Caprice through the work she has done.
You may also want to watch:
Kimberley, who enjoys working as a DJ in her spare time, also boasts being pictured by an OK Magazine photographer and taking part in photoshoots in glamorous locations on her modelling CV.
"I never planned on becoming a model when I was younger," she said. "I am very lucky to be able to work in this industry.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 8 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
"I'm hoping for a long and successful career. It's all going well so far."
Kimberley, speaking about the Haiti earthquake appeal fashion show, said: "I was that busy, in and out getting changed, having my hair and makeup done.
"I was in every single show wearing all the designers' lines. By the time I had finished, given I was up since 3am that day, I was really tired."
Her mum, Daryl Jackson, said: "I am really proud of her. I never thought she would end up doing this kind of thing.
"As a youngster, she was the biggest tom boy you would ever meet in your entire life. She used to run around with baggy trousers and T-shirts.
"She's always had legs that seem to go on forever and we would often say that she should become a model.
"Once she was bitten by the modelling bug, having her hair and make up done, there was no turning back."
Kimberley can be seen most weeks working as a DJ in Fat Jax at a regular event called Fat Jacking.