Exmouth mayor launches pub's new ale
MAYOR Darryl Nicholas visited an Exmouth pub last week to help celebrate the launch of a new ale. Mr Nicholas called in at Powder Monkey, in the Parade, to mark the launch of the drink, called Bays, Powder Monkey Ale. It is a fantastic drink, he said, a
MAYOR Darryl Nicholas visited an Exmouth pub last week to help celebrate the launch of a new ale.
Mr Nicholas called in at Powder Monkey, in the Parade, to mark the launch of the drink, called Bays, Powder Monkey Ale. "It is a fantastic drink," he said, after trying a sample.
Liam Smith, shift manager at the pub, said the ale had been produced by Bays brewery in Torbay.
Explaining why it was decided to make and launch the drink, he added: "We are big on selling ale and wanted to encourage more people to choose local types.
You may also want to watch:
"People who come here from all over the country tend to ask for something different like a local ale rather than things they are used to which is great.
- 1 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 2 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 5 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 6 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 7 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 8 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 9 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 10 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm