Exmouth mayor launches pub's new ale
MAYOR Darryl Nicholas visited an Exmouth pub last week to help celebrate the launch of a new ale. Mr Nicholas called in at Powder Monkey, in the Parade, to mark the launch of the drink, called Bays, Powder Monkey Ale. It is a fantastic drink, he said, a
MAYOR Darryl Nicholas visited an Exmouth pub last week to help celebrate the launch of a new ale.
Mr Nicholas called in at Powder Monkey, in the Parade, to mark the launch of the drink, called Bays, Powder Monkey Ale. "It is a fantastic drink," he said, after trying a sample.
Liam Smith, shift manager at the pub, said the ale had been produced by Bays brewery in Torbay.
Explaining why it was decided to make and launch the drink, he added: "We are big on selling ale and wanted to encourage more people to choose local types.
You may also want to watch:
"People who come here from all over the country tend to ask for something different like a local ale rather than things they are used to which is great.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon