Exmouth Mayor bets on world cup for charity
FOOTBALL fans won t be the only ones routing for England winning the world cup this summer.
FOOTBALL fans won't be the only ones routing for England winning the world cup this summer.
Exmouth mayor Darryl Nicholas took the opportunity to have a sizable flutter for charity when he reopened a town centre betting shop last weekend.
Cllr Nicholas unveiled the new-look 'light and airy' Ladbrokes in The Parade and at the same time took put �100 on England to win the world cup this summer at odds of 5/1.
And if he wins he will get a return of �600 - which will go straight to this a local transport charity Exmouth and District Community Transport Group which is this year's designated mayoral charity.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Darryl Nicholas said: "Thanks to Manager Neil Duignan and his team for such a warm welcome and their generous charity bet on England to win the World Cup.
"Any winnings will go to my charity of the year, Exmouth and District Community Transport Group- a superb local charity that provides access to transport for many people in our town and surrounding area who suffer from mobility difficulties. All we need now is for England to win the World Cup......'
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
Cllr Nicholas opened the new look shop with (from left) store manager Neil Duignan, deputy manager Sylwia Cholody and Sam Walker.