Exmouth man to represent Great Britain
A SEVENTEEN-year-old Exmouth man is representing Great Britain in the dragon boat world championships. Scott White, a member of the Excalibre team based in Exeter, will take part in the event as part of a 20-man crew, held in Prague, between August 26 and
A SEVENTEEN-year-old Exmouth man is representing Great Britain in the dragon boat world championships.
Scott White, a member of the Excalibre team based in Exeter, will take part in the event as part of a 20-man crew, held in Prague, between August 26 and 30th.
His proud dad, Steven White, said: "He is looking forward to taking part."
Steven said because dragon boating was a minority sport, invariably it required people to invest their own money.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It is definitely a minority sport but it is getting bigger. A lot of such sports are self funded. It is not cheap.
"He's had no sponsorship for the event so has used all his savings and wages from his recent part time job at Tesco.
- 1 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 5 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 8 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 9 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 10 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
"Scott has had his heart set on this (event) for about three years now and has just been to Liverpool for a week of intense training with the rest of the under 18 team.