Exmouth man to represent Great Britain
A SEVENTEEN-year-old Exmouth man is representing Great Britain in the dragon boat world championships. Scott White, a member of the Excalibre team based in Exeter, will take part in the event as part of a 20-man crew, held in Prague, between August 26 and
A SEVENTEEN-year-old Exmouth man is representing Great Britain in the dragon boat world championships.
Scott White, a member of the Excalibre team based in Exeter, will take part in the event as part of a 20-man crew, held in Prague, between August 26 and 30th.
His proud dad, Steven White, said: "He is looking forward to taking part."
Steven said because dragon boating was a minority sport, invariably it required people to invest their own money.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It is definitely a minority sport but it is getting bigger. A lot of such sports are self funded. It is not cheap.
"He's had no sponsorship for the event so has used all his savings and wages from his recent part time job at Tesco.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
"Scott has had his heart set on this (event) for about three years now and has just been to Liverpool for a week of intense training with the rest of the under 18 team.