Exmouth man to represent Great Britain
A SEVENTEEN-year-old Exmouth man is representing Great Britain in the dragon boat world championships. Scott White, a member of the Excalibre team based in Exeter, will take part in the event as part of a 20-man crew, held in Prague, between August 26 and
A SEVENTEEN-year-old Exmouth man is representing Great Britain in the dragon boat world championships.
Scott White, a member of the Excalibre team based in Exeter, will take part in the event as part of a 20-man crew, held in Prague, between August 26 and 30th.
His proud dad, Steven White, said: "He is looking forward to taking part."
Steven said because dragon boating was a minority sport, invariably it required people to invest their own money.
He added: "It is definitely a minority sport but it is getting bigger. A lot of such sports are self funded. It is not cheap.
"He's had no sponsorship for the event so has used all his savings and wages from his recent part time job at Tesco.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 4 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 5 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 10 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
"Scott has had his heart set on this (event) for about three years now and has just been to Liverpool for a week of intense training with the rest of the under 18 team.