Exmouth man jumps off crane for charity
JUMPING off a crane nearly 200ft above the ground is not how most Exmouth people choose to spend their weekend. But, for Nigel Howatson, of Exeter Road, that is exactly what he did recently – all to raise money for Help the Heroes. The 50-year-old, who ru
JUMPING off a crane nearly 200ft above the ground is not how most Exmouth people choose to spend their weekend.
But, for Nigel Howatson, of Exeter Road, that is exactly what he did recently - all to raise money for Help the Heroes.
The 50-year-old, who runs his own Exmouth-based business, Bendaire Services, raised �700 for the charity by taking part in a bungee jump challenge.
His wife, Debbie Howatson, said: "Nigel told me that he quite fancied doing a bungee jump. So, for Christmas, I bought him just that."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Howatson said he decided to choose Help the Heroes because he had previously been in the army and the couple have friends who are still in the forces.
"It was a beautifully sunny day, perfect for such a jump," she added.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way