Exmouth Kite Festival success
The Rotary Club of Exmouth would like to thank everyone that attended our recent fifth Kite Festival.
The Joey the Lips Charity concert was a great success this year and was enjoyed by 2,000 people, on a beautiful evening capped off with a superb fireworks display.
The festival, on Saturday and Sunday, was blessed with sunshine and wind and was enjoyed by all who attended.
The children filled the kite workshop, while mums and dads appreciated the kite flying. The invited charities all boosted their causes from the public’s generous support, but not only financially, as some managed to enrol new members to their particular charity, which was an additional bonus.
The Rotary Club of Exmouth would also like to thank our sponsors, the town council and EDDC for the use of the Recreation Ground.
You may also want to watch:
Our apologies to those that were inconvenienced for a short period while the festival took place – however, we hope you will acknowledge that, by the use of this public ground, it did enable Rotary to raise over �12,000 for charitable use.
This year we have been able to make significant donations to the following charities:
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence
Radio Devon Air Ambulance Appeal; Children’s Hospice SW; Water Aid; Help our Wounded; St John Ambulance; Force; RSPB; Inner Wheel; 3rd Exmouth Scouts, RNLI and the Devon Wildlife Trust.
The Kite Festival has now become a well-established community project that, with your help, we have been able to raise more than �57,000 since the first festival in 2007.
Our grand draw for charity was well supported and the following were the winners of the sponsor’s prizes:
? Mercedes-Benz of Exeter - Mrs Thornton, ticket 00327.
? Cash Prize/Travelworld of Exmouth - Mr J Mann, ticket 02206.
? Family Ticket to Cadbury World - Mr T Blackler, ticket 00901.
? Family Ticket to Marine Aquarium - Ms K Wheeler, ticket 00357.
? Exeter Chiefs Rugby Club - Mrs J Wood, ticket 00200
? Exeter Airport Package - Mrs G Burnett, ticket 01324.
? Roly’s Fudge Factory - Mr P Corps, ticket 01902.
Finally, a great big thank you goes to you once again, the public, who attended in thousands and will now enable The Rotary Club to distribute the money raised to many worthy charitable causes.
We look forward to seeing you all again for the 2012 Kite Festival?
Kite Festival Chairman
The Rotary Club of Exmouth