Exmouth kitchen engulfed in smoke

A PROPERTY in Exmouth was engulfed in smoke as a result of a fire which involved a pan of food being left on a cooker. Two fire engines were called to deal with the fire, in Lyndhurst Road, at around 6.30pm last Saturday, January 2. The fire service were

A PROPERTY in Exmouth was engulfed in smoke as a result of a fire which involved a pan of food being left on a cooker.

Two fire engines were called to deal with the fire, in Lyndhurst Road, at around 6.30pm last Saturday, January 2.

The fire service were sent a report of an alarm sounding and the property full of smoke. No persons were injured in the incident. Crews used two set of breathing apparatus and pressure ventilation.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "The small fire, in the ground floor kitchen, involved a pan of food left on a cooker.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter