Exmouth jobs fair returns with free advice and support from employers and recruitment experts
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Employers and recruitment experts will be giving free advice and help when Exmouth’s Glenorchy work club holds its jobs fair on Thursday, April 26.
The annual free event, now in its third year, aims to help those looking to get back to work, or those looking to change career.
Doors will be open from 9.30 until 12.30 at Glenorchy United Reformed Church, in Exeter Road; all visitors are invited to drop in and will be welcomed with a cup of tea or coffee.
Simon Skidmore, work club co-ordinator, said previous years’ events proved successful with people ‘finding opportunities and growing in confidence’ when applying for jobs.
He said the fair was part of a programme of activities run by the work club, which meets every Thursday morning, to support people keen to improve their job prospects.
You may also want to watch:
Simon said: “If you are looking for a new start why not keep the date free, and come down and join us.
“We will have many employers, who will have vacancies available on the day, alongside training and support agencies to offer advice and guidance as required.”
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
If you are unable to attend the jobs fair, but would like to know more, see Glenorchy work club Exmouth Facebook page.