Exmouth jobs fair returns with free advice and support from employers and recruitment experts
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Employers and recruitment experts will be giving free advice and help when Exmouth’s Glenorchy work club holds its jobs fair on Thursday, April 26.
The annual free event, now in its third year, aims to help those looking to get back to work, or those looking to change career.
Doors will be open from 9.30 until 12.30 at Glenorchy United Reformed Church, in Exeter Road; all visitors are invited to drop in and will be welcomed with a cup of tea or coffee.
Simon Skidmore, work club co-ordinator, said previous years’ events proved successful with people ‘finding opportunities and growing in confidence’ when applying for jobs.
He said the fair was part of a programme of activities run by the work club, which meets every Thursday morning, to support people keen to improve their job prospects.
You may also want to watch:
Simon said: “If you are looking for a new start why not keep the date free, and come down and join us.
“We will have many employers, who will have vacancies available on the day, alongside training and support agencies to offer advice and guidance as required.”
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
If you are unable to attend the jobs fair, but would like to know more, see Glenorchy work club Exmouth Facebook page.